Baby Pumpkin Crochet Beanie
By: Danyel Pink from CrazySocks Crochet
Dress your little one up this Halloween by crocheting a pumpkin beanie. This is for the newborns zero to three months old. It makes for a great gift if you know someone who is expecting around Halloween. This free crochet pattern is a breeze to make and will protect your little goblin's head from the autumn chill. Every baby deserves to look its best this Halloween, and even if he or she is too young to be in costume, this pumpkin beanie will be an adorable topper to any orange outfit.
Both cotton and acrylic yarn will work well for this project.
- Size I-9 (5.5 mm) hook
- 1 oz green worsted weight yarn
- 2 oz orange worsted weight yarn
- Yarn needle
- BL – back loop
- CH – chain
- HDC – half double crochet
- SC – single crochet
- SC2TOG – single crochet 2 together (decrease)
- SL ST – slip stitch,
- ST – stitch
1. Using orange, ch 25.
2. Row 1: hdc in BL of 3rd ch from hook, and in each st across, ch 2, turn. (23 hdc)
3. Row 2 – 23: hdc in BL of each st across, ch 2, turn.
4. Row 24: hdc in BL of each st across, ch 1, turn.
5. Joining both ends, sl st down entire length of hat through both sides, fasten off and weave in ends.
1. Using green yarn, join with sc at top of hat near back seam.
2. Sc evenly around (about 24 sc), do not join. When you arrive back at your 1st sc, begin sc2tog continuously around, until 4-5 stitches remain.
3. Now, sc in each st around for about 6 rounds so that you create a 1-1 ½” stem. Fasten off, tuck tail inside hat, and weave in ends.
1. Using green, ch 20.
2. Work 2 sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ST to end. Fasten off.
3. Using starting and ending tails, tie the vine between any 2 stitches on stem. See photo for suggested placement.
- Crochet leaf instead of vine.
- Use red yarn to make an apple, blue yarn for a blueberry, etc.